HomeHealthWhat's more effective, Covishield vs. Covaxin vs. Sputnik V? Randeep Guleria, Director...

What’s more effective, Covishield vs. Covaxin vs. Sputnik V? Randeep Guleria, Director of AIIMS, states

Are you perplexed about getting jab and unsure about which vaccine? Dr V K Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog and Dr Randeep Guleria, director of the All India Medical Sciences Institute answered on 6 June a series of questions that were raised about vaccinations against COVID-19.

The statistics now available suggest, according to AIIMS Director Randeep Guleria, that the effectiveness of all vaccinations – whether Covaxin, Covishield or V – is more or less equal.
“Not to suggest thus that you and your family take this vaccination or whatever vaccination is in your region, but go ahead and be vaccinated so that you and your family are safe,” said Guleria, answering the worries of people about Covid-19 immunizations.
The number of vaccine doses COVID-19 given throughout the nation has passed 24 crore, the Ministry of Health stated on Wednesday.

Covaxin, Covishield, Sputnik V prices

The government has established the maximum price for the three presently available COVID 19 vaccinations — Covishield 780 per dosage, Covaxin 1, 410, and Sputnik V, 1, 145 per dosage.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the country on Monday to declare that starting 21 June, the federal government would distribute free COVID-19 immunization for states over 18 years of age.

The Prime Minister noted that the Center currently decides to purchase 75% of japs from vaccination producers for free to the State, while private sector hospitals continue to purchase the other 25%, although they cannot charge more than €150 per dosage above the pre-fixed price.

In the meanwhile, two vaccines, Covishield and Covaxin, commenced the statewide immunization push in India on 16 January. Russia’s Sputnik V vaccination was added to the list lately.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments